Check Out the Route



View Route Map









Hey Cubs!

I am getting geared up for the big ride from San Francisco to Castaic. Google maps helped me with my route, and you can click on the link above (View Larger Map) to see the map of my trip. This will be a fun ride where I can work toward our goals at CES - being physically fit and going green. You can be sure I will get a lot of exercise, and I will not be using any gas as I go from the Golden Gate to the Teal Casey Cub. Of course I will be using some propane to cook my dinner and breakfast along the way, but no gasoline for my bike.

I will ride across the Golden Gate
Bridge and end up at our own home of Casey Cub. The total ride will be 445 miles. Google maps tells me the time will be 9 hours and 7 minutes, but they don't know I am going at my own pace. If I am going to be riding for eight days, can anyone tell me how many miles per day I will have to average? Round it to the nearest mile. If you know the answer, sendit in by clicking on the "Comments" section below.

I have also included pictures of some of the sites I will be pedaling past. How many can you and your family name? Send in your answers via the "Comments" link.