Day Seven: Sunday, October 12th



Pictures:
.
Fans Cheering On Mr. Evans in Ventura
.
Anacapa Island
.
Ventura Mission
.
This has been a delightful day. It is only 10:30, and I am already in Ventura. Time to kick back on the beach, blog, read a little, and just enjoy the Southern California sun.Out at sea are Anacapa and Santa Cruz islands. Near the shore are suffers waiting for the ideal wave, and on the boardwalk are folks just taking in the October weather.In just about 24 hours I will be back in Castaic. The ride seemed so much longer when I started, and now it seems to have gone so fast. Amazingly, I keep hearing of additional donations that continue to roll in. I am so proud to be a part of such a dedicated community. Families, businesses, classrooms and others have all contributed to the success of this ride. Yet, even beyond the resources raised, I feel the sense of connection and belonging, as a community, has grown. Thanks again to everyone for their kind words of support, appreciation, and concern. However I must admit that I feel I got far more out of this adventure than I gave. It took far more than some quadriceps pedaling to make this a success, and that collective effort is what Castaic should be proud of. The teamwork and involvement of so many made this ride take off. The ability to work as part of a group is vital, and these skills in life are just as important as test scores. They are what make great character. I feel that we also raised these resources, and I am very proud of that. See you all tomorrow around 11:20.
.
Questions:
.
Lower Grades:
.
1. Name five animals you might see at the beach.
2. How is ocean water different than lake water?
.
Upper Grades:
.
3. Which of the Channel Islands is not in Santa Barbara County?
4. Speaking of counties, name all of the counties I will have been in by the time I reach Castaic Elementary. Remember I started on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge.

**Note** All answers to questions must be emailed by 5pm Today (Sunday)