Day Four: Thursday, October 9th




Today was an easy ride. If you check out the gps I am stopped in Los Osos. Today I only rode about 30 miles from San Simeon State Beach to a friend's house in Los Osos. Here I will visit, relax, and do laundry. It is definitely time to do laundry!

Last night as I was sleeping I heard the rustling of little feet and the clank of my cooking pots and camp stove. I shined my light out of the tent, but I saw nothing. In the morning there were footprints all over the picnic table and on the benches. Some of the things I had left out were scattered around. I was visited by bandits during the night, but these bandits were not humans. They were animals. Can you tell me what kind of animals they were. They are called bandits because of the masks on their faces.

Today I had a gentle morning. It was a very damp night, and I needed to take my time getting ready so the tent and other gear could dry out. I also knew that I had a short ride, so I could take my time getting ready and packed. I made breakfast, more oatmeal, and then I cleaned all the dishes and washed up myself. By 9:00 am I was ready to roll.

The ride south was very brief. I stopped to see friends at their shop in Morro Bay, and then I rode the last few miles over to Los Osos. Here I will spend the day and give my legs a break. Tomorrow I will be back on the road with a full day of riding.

Thank you to everyone for all of the emails. It is nice to have the company of your answers to the questions and the "hellos" you are sending. Enjoy the rest of your break.
.
**Note*** Pictures & Questions from Wednesday have been posted below.

Questions:

1. Name the animal I asked about in the paragraph above.

2. I am staying in Los Osos. Can anyone tell me what that means?

3. California has a lot of names that are in spanish. Why is that?

4. Back to the wheel: If you calculated the number of rotations my wheel makes in one mile you know it goes around 754.25 times. Now that you know that, can you tell me how many rotations I will make during the whole trip? Assume the trip is 445 miles.